Saturday, 2 February 2013

Dance To The Top Pops with Joe Loss And His Orchestra (1966)




I had this album in the mono version, but I really wanted to find the stereo version, and recently I had the good fortune to finally find it!

A very typical, but excellent example of a mid 60's Joe Loss party medley album, it sounds so much better in stereo!

Mixing the pop hits of the day in ballroom dancing styles such as Quickstep, Slow Foxtrot and "Shake Beat", it is the latter I prefer with two such medleys on this LP.

My highlight, however, is Joe Loss's Tijuana Time medley. It is a great go at the Herb Alpert sound!

I hope you enjoy it and please comment if you do!

Album Preview - Tijuana Time Medley

5 comments:

  1. http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/21821616/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find and what a great rip! Thanks Mark!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks Mark. I have judged it by its cover and found that I must hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for this great album.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mark........this is Dipankar from Kolkata,West Bengal,India.You're doing a great job by sharing this invaluable records,in fact,it's a sort of social service for the music-lovers........pl.do carry on with yr good work.Thanks a lot,take care.

    ReplyDelete