Monday, 1 April 2013

The Stripper - David Rose And His Orchestra [1962]




When selecting an album to test my turntable's new stylus, I turned to this one, a recent find, and I was so pleased with the results, I have uploaded and blogged this one sooner than I had originally planned!

This is a very fine Easy album, in stereo, featuring nice swing arrangements of standards like My Heart Belongs To Daddy, Love For Sale, A Pretty Girl Is Like A Melody, along with more tracks similar to the title track, such as Some Of These Days and Banned In Boston.

A wonderful trip back to the jet age, and what a cover, too!

I hope you enjoy it and please comment if you do!

Album Preview - Sunset Strip

 

10 comments:

  1. http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/57543377/file.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Classic Cover,Thanks for this, its fantastic...........John Easy

      Delete
  2. I love the sample (and the cover)! Can't wait to hear the rest.

    Thanks!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost didn't download this because I already have one I got earlier this month. But the song list is different and the cover not nearly so photogenic. The other one has a longer title "David Rose and His Orchestra Play The Stripper and Other Fun Songs for the Family".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    This one seem unbelievable... Thank
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous album. Thanks very much.
    Here is something from way back.

    Link - http://www.mediafire.com/?hl87if8ynzfqe7z

    Thanks again
    Al Gates
    Perth
    West Australia

    ReplyDelete