Monday, 15 September 2014

Music To Watch Birds By - The Bob Crewe Generation (1967)





Here, reposted today in tribute to the great Bob Crewe who has died at the age of 83, is this groovy trip back to the swinging sixties filled with brass, strings, and wonderful light 60s beat grooves.

The follow-up to the classic album Music To Watch Girls By, all 10 tracks are fantastic and I give this my highest rating!

I hope you enjoy it and please commment if you do!

Rest in peace, Bob!

Album Preview - Birds Of Britain

 

13 comments:

  1. http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/61154542/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mark. Bob Crewe was one of the greats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost mistook this LP for "Music to watch girls by", gl;ad I looked closer. THANX for this & the unhappy news about his passing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1000thanks - a very nice album!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Mark. Bob Crewe provided a little piece of music for my generation that's unforgettable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of the music for Barbarella, and well it might. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO happy this was still available. Thanks so much for this. Made my day -- I listened to this LP nonstop when I was a kid. Most of the tracks are on the Crewe hits CD that Varese put out -- but several are not. Fun fact -- the cover photo was also used on the cover of the amazing "Birds Of Britain" book by John E. Green. Cheers from NYC and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola Mark, muchas gracias por poner este disco.Muchos recuerdos de los '60.Gracias.
    Jorge Morales, Chile

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think that's Patti Boyd/Harrison/Clapton on the front cover

    ReplyDelete