Thursday, 7 May 2015

A Tribute To Benny & The Duke - The Ray Davies Orchestra (1974)



#REPOST#

The fine and funky follow-up to I Believe In Music, this album sees Ray Davies taking the music of Big Band greats Duke Ellington and Benny Goodman, and giving it a thoroughly modern (for 1974) re-arranging. As the sleeve notes from Ray himself state, not to expect carbon copy arrangements!

On the sleeve is a list of all the players, which reads like a who's who of British session / Easy players, with names such as Alan Hawkshaw on keyboards, Alf Bigden on drums, Don Lusher on Trombone, Duncan Lamont on Sax & flute, Dennis Lopez on Latin Percussion.

I hope you enjoy it and please comment if you do!


Album Preview:

9 comments:

  1. http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/l7bqNjD5/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the rest of the tunes are as cool as the preview. It's a refreshing twist on the old stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this. You don't by any chance have The Button Down Brass - Funk In Hell? I've been looking for that one everywhere, but so far to no avail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      It's not my rip, but here it is!

      http://www.ulozto.sk/x5LrYot7/button-down-brass-funk-in-hell-1976-rar

      Mark

      Delete
  4. Mark, I've The Button Down Brass - Funk In Hell, tell me please, your mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eliane!

      Sadly I do not have the LP of Funk In Hell, but I do have the rip posted on Spiral some time ago.

      However, please feel free to post a link to your rip here!

      Thanks,

      Mark

      Delete
  5. Hello, Mark!

    Link: http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/gG7ssnhD/file.html

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Mark and Eliane. That was much appreciated. :-)

    ReplyDelete