Tuesday, 15 March 2016

TV Music Spectacular - Sunday Night Variety Special (Record 8) [1978]



 Day three of our TV Mega-post brings us to the eighth and final album of this fun box set!

No theme tunes on this one, it contains the sort of music shown on those big variety shows which were extremely popular on UK TV during the 1960's & 70s, but started to die away during the 80's.

Featuring names famous in the UK, I think only two acts featured here are known in the US, The Three Degrees and Acker Bilk.

Now that all eight volumes have been posted, it is also time to post pictures of the front and back of the box, too!



I hope you have enjoyed these recordings as much as I have had making them. If you have, a comment would be very nice; it is the only gratuity I accept for my effort in bringing you these albums.

Album Preview - Aria

11 comments:

  1. http://www90.zippyshare.com/v/ckRBtbsT/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic Mark!

    I can't thank you enough for filling my request for this box set. I've been after this for years, it's been a bit of a musical holy grail for me :)

    Many thanks again, you're a Gentleman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you once more for sharing this incredible set, Mark. I promise you, I'll give this collection a good home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for Ray Conniff. Have to say we were fortunate to have a great era of music that should live on for a long time.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark, do you have the 101 Strings Orchestra album of Carole King's hits? If so, would you please post it when you get the time? Thanks!! I've been looking for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I love British television but as I am in America I only know aobut 2% of what was ever actually on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this incredible collection--love it!

    ReplyDelete