Thursday, 16 February 2017

Quiet Nights In (28 Instrumental Evergreens) - The Nick Ingman and Tony Hatch Orchestras (1983)

 
 
 
#REPOST#
 
This big double album, originally posted in September 2008, features 28 classics of 70's and 80's pop played in a very smooth Easy style by the orchestras of the great Nick Ingman and Tony Hatch.
 
Posted in response to requests for more pop song versions, it is one of my favourites and is a fine example of the sound of 80's Easy Listening before the synths and drum machines took over!
 
I hope you enjoy it and please comment if you do!
 
Album Preview - She's Gone (The Tony Hatch Orchestra)
 

9 comments:

  1. Record 1:

    http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/3Sbcnaur/file.html

    Record 2:

    http://www88.zippyshare.com/v/CFFKHjuE/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mark. This looks like a good double Lp set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Mark!! Thank YOU!!! I saw this posted once before on "Forgotten Masterpieces", I think, but it was incomplete. You've posted the whole thing!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been giving this a listen and really, really like it!! I hope you have more albums of this caliber and genre to post. This is what I really, really love. Thank you so very much for sharing this gem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mark,
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanx, Mark!! This is my kind of listening!! Like Will said, I hope you have more of this type album!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This album is so neat because it predominantly covers the soft pop of the '70s. So much of the easy listening that's out there covers the "continental" style of the '50s (Charmaine, Wonderland By Night, Summer Place, Gone With The Wind, Limelight, etc.) I like the music I grew up with as opposed to what my parents and grandparents grew up with. I'd say I love easy listening from the late-'60s to the mid/late-'80s.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, thanks so much. I am brazilian, and in my country is hard to find instrumental music.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blog is a real-life treasure!
    Thank a lot for posting these jewels

    ReplyDelete