Monday, 15 May 2017

S'Wonderful - Various Artists (1973)

 
 
 
A fine sampler album from the good old BBC!
 
I do have several of the featured albums, and have posted / are planning to post them, but this is a very good album by itself, featuring a blend of standards, pop songs and a couple of originals, too.
 
My picks are the tracks from Pete Winslow's Test Card album, along with the tracks from John Fox's Gershwin album.
 
 I hope you enjoy it and please comment if you do!
 
Album Preview - S'Wonderful
 

9 comments:

  1. http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/Oy84HzTj/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, you are a star sharing these, great series of albums you mention, and of course your rips are second to none.

    I may have asked before but what exactly do you use again from start to finish to get these rips sounding so good?

    VR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi VR!

      I have a Bush turntable connected to my Sony Genezi mini hi-fi system, which has a USB out, then I just put the memory stick into my laptop and use EasyAudioCutter to cut the individual tracks!

      Thanks,

      Mark

      Delete
    2. I think the key to it though is I have been very lucky to find most of my second-hand vinyl in excellent condition and an turntable which has a superb sound!

      Delete
    3. Cheers Mark, hopefully I will get a similar set-up one day.

      VR

      Delete
  3. Thanks Mark, based on the sample track - it sounds good :)
    Look forward to hearing the whole album
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mark, wonderfull post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you again for this rare treat.

    ReplyDelete