Saturday 15 November 2008

Hawaiian Touch - Martin Denny [1966]




  1. E Lei Ka Lei Lei
  2. Beyond The Reef
  3. The Girl From Ipanema
  4. Call Me
  5. Friendly Islands
  6. Everything In The Garden
  7. Pearls [Mexican Pearls]
  8. Hawaii
  9. I'll Remember You
  10. Jerusha's Theme
  11. Oro [God Of Vengeance
  12. Hawaiian Rhapsody
  13. Return To Paradise
  14. Sukiyaki
I didn't know what I was getting with this one, when I found it recently in a charity shop. But I took a chance on it anyway, as it was so ridiculously cheap.
I was expecting another typical Hawaiian guitar album, a genre I'm not paticularly keen on, but the clue should've been the name Martin Denny. It is truly amazing! A terrific mix of exotica and 60s beat a go go!
The arrangement on "Call Me" is virtually the same as the excellent Chris Montez version and is typical of the arrangements on Side 1. On side 2 tracks are more sedate exotica, but still very satisfying.
Vinyl is in excellent condition, so please do enjoy!

15 comments:

  1. Hello Mark and Happy Birthday.

    For some reason this album brings up the following Rapidshare error message.

    This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

    This limit is reached.

    To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiw I can download this post if rapidshare permits only 10 downloads and they ae already done ?
    It seems a joke !!

    Fiammetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    I've seen this error message before, but never on one of my own posts. It's definitely Rapidshare's fault, and so the only thing I can do is upload the file again.
    Regards, Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello
    The file is now reuploaded and the new link is [for now, possibly] working.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rapidshare works good. Many Thanks for your help-

    Fiammetta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mark, Happy 35th!

    I think I went downhill skiing with the kid on my 35th.

    Anyhow, your link has expired again. This is some new RapidShare shenanigan to make sure that people become paid users. That said, I do have a membership with them and if you want me to I could post it to my account and then send you the link, that way it wouldn't expire - I would need to get it from you somehow though, which would probably require you to re-post it again, so maybe not. Would love to hear it, and would be happy to help.

    Greg

    bunnyboy@sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. link not working

    ReplyDelete
  8. and where new link?

    ReplyDelete
  9. and where new link?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have reuploaded this file again [18/11/08]. If it expires again, I'm unsure what I'm going to do. I'm trying out Mediafire, so I will let you know whether there will be a new link.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mark,

    I managed to get the album the second time you uploaded it, so thank you.

    But can I ask, are you a premium account holder at Rapidshare? I ask because I am curious as to why those links are expiring like they do.

    VR

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mark,

    Your current link appears fine.

    VR

    ReplyDelete
  13. iv'e just been through it all mark..a real pain,but i somehow managed to create a collectors account..so everytime i upload something i have to enter passwords n things..but it seems to be working ok ..for now :)

    fantastic album by the way..top notch from denny :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many Thanks !!!

    ReplyDelete